Skip to main content

COVID-19 FALL OUT: CORPORATE GIANTS FEAST ON HAPLESS NIGERIANS.


Hidden Charges In Bank Transactions Seen As An Exploitation Of The ...One of the enduring measures put in place by the Federal Government for Nigerians to stay at home is the promise to receive the so-called palliatives. This was done to persuade, particularly the Nigerian Civil Servants who survive on lean purse or borrowed loans from numerous financial Institutions to stay at home. But four weeks into the lockdown, some privileged Institutions and Service providers are capitalising on the situation to feast on Nigerians. “I owe my bank some money and to my surprise despite government intervention, they still deduct my money”, said a fellow who prefer anonymity. Another fellow whose DSTV expired also expressed shock that instead of the mouthed “temporal relief” as a result of the sudden covid-19 pandemic which has disrupted private and commercial life, he was cut off. “I don’t understand what’s going on”, he complained. “Our government lacks the will to enforce policies”, he stated. That’s not all; these days Nigerians consume double of what they used to in electricity consumption. “My meter runs faster than before; last week, I had my light cut off because I did not renew my credit” lamented Mr Eddy. “I thought we had been exempted from payments during these difficult times”, he stressed. Truly, a discreet investigation show that members of the public are actually on their own. The corona scourge has not weakened the hands of “oppressors”, instead it has strengthened the rise of online mobile banking and POS sales. “Everything is now electronic except physical foodstuff purchase”, said Mr Eddy. “I buy everything online, something I hardly did in the past”, he told us. “This is something new to us, we stopped church, office, social meetings, and we are really helpless.” He regrets that powerful institutions have taken advantage of their plight to add misery to their lives. “Unfortunately, government is only effective on radio, television and comments and lacked the will to rein in these merchants” he said, wishing that the scourge ends abruptly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING NEWS: NAPTIP Raises Alarm, launches manhunt for suspect in Latest spousal Battery

  A manhunt is reportedly underway to apprehend, arrest, and detain a certain Mr. Alabi Uche Sylvanus, prime suspect, in the latest violent spousal battery, reported in the Federal Capital Territory, during which life-threatening injuries were said to have been inflicted on the victim, who was subsequently rushed to a popular hospital in Gudu District, Abuja, to save her life Stories by Clement Ebaku and Lydia Samson, in Abuja . Abuja, the Federal Capital is currently reeling from a recent despicable and brutal spousal battery allegedly perpetrated by one Mr. Alabi Uche Sylvanus (66yrs) who was said to have attacked and inflicted life threatening injuries on the victim; upon learning of the attack, the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in persons (NAPTIP)swiftly moved into action and rushed to the hospital in Gudu District where the victim had been taken for emergency medical procedure. The crack NAPTIP team remained at the hospital all through the duration o...

2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS SHOCKING REVELATIONS ABOUT FUNDS DISBURSEMENT

How the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan frittered away the nation’s scarce resources is beginning to spill out – despite the shrill insistence by ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo Iweala that the records sheet were clean! Information pieced together by our investigators show that several paramilitary Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Interior shared a record 10 billion each for the purpose of influencing the March 28 General Elections in favour of the defeated incumbent.   However, things did not go down well with the ranks and file during the sharing. Outgoing Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Boss (name withheld) was said to have misappropriated the huge booty by allegedly pocketing 5 billion for himself, while declaring the other half (5 billion) as the sum total.   The bone of contention was that while the rank and file received 40,000 each some key associates close to the big guns went home with a hefty slice.   Causing the rumble.

OPEN LETTER TO HON. BABATUNDE FASHOLA

Permit me to go straight to the point.  All protocols observed Sir.  I note your massive achievement in your days as Governor of Lagos State.  And it is widely believed that your appointment as Minister of Works, Housing and Power would witness same admirable face-lift. As down to earth investigating Journalist, we travel a lot and wish to bring to your notice certain critical roads that need your urgent attention. One of them is the Lokoja-Okene highway.  Honorable Minister, the continued state of this road is a serious indictment and slap on the face of whoever is the Director of Federal Highways in your Ministry.  This major artery, as important as it is, has caused several unnecessary loss of lives.  There is simply no excuse for this road to remain in this dangerous state two years into the tenure of this administration.  What then differentiates the APC Government from the PDP, if not prompt attention to vital national assets? Seco...